Whaaaat? I’m still brand spankin’ new and I got nominated for an award??
Thank you to Fernanda @ Mystery Date with a Book! What a surprise!
I’m somewhat familiar with Miranda Sings – I know of her and have seen a few of her videos from my sister. I thought she was hilarious, though! And I know that her Miranda Sings persona has a personality that loves herself, so I think it’s a good message delivered in a funny way.
- Announce your win with a post, and link the blogger who nominated you. Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List seven (7) things you love about yourself. (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation (i.e. Don’t say things like – “I’m prettier than an average person.” or “People have told me I’m smart.” You are pretty. You are smart.)
THINGS I LOVE ABOUT MYSELF:
Alright, so I’m not the type of person to criticize myself, like, ever. But I’m also not usually one to pick out things I like about myself. I’m an entity that just exists. So this took some scrounging through my brain, but here’s what I came up with:
- My optimism. This term just kind of encompasses my whole happy, laid back, excited personality. A lot of people don’t see it unless they get to know me because I am a socially awkward partially introverted person. Not negative! Just a fact 😉 Anyway, I always like to look at the bright side of things, cup half-full, letting things just partially work themselves out. I don’t get stressed, usually because of it, not with school or anything. Because of recent events, I am in a small slump, though, that I’m climbing out of.
- My love of all things fantastical. I know this might sound odd… But loving mythological beings and magical places, dragons, fae, ruins helps my creativity. And for some reason, it makes me look at nature differently and love it. They are beautiful worlds to envision.
- My eyes. Really there’s nothing special about them, but they are made of a mixture of blue, green, and gray, some color stronger than others on different days. They are bright. And I don’t wear make-up, but sometimes I want to try eyeliner because I love how they’d pop.
- My stupid humor that makes people laugh. I ma not witty, but I’m working on it. I do, however, have stupid humor (it’s hard to explain without seeing it) and, apparently, make the best faces (friends’ words). I love making people laugh.
- How close I am to family. I love my family. We’re loud, can be obnoxious at get-togethers (everyone), but we make each laugh all the time. We still play board games together. I have a twin and for some reason, people don’t expect twins to get along, but we really do.
- My lack of importance on what others think of me. For instance, I am one of the few people that doesn’t wear make-up. And I’m not saying ladies only wear it due to what they want others to think of them. It can be an art form itself. But we know that’s a big reason why many do. I don’t care so much about fashion (my wardrobe is tiny). If I wanna do something silly at the store, I will. I still believe everyone, even me, cares to varying degrees of others’ opinions of themselves, but I’m at the way lower end, I think.
- My patience and calmness. I am an extremely patient person. Not saying I never get impatient, but it’s usually for smaller things, like waiting for book releases…*grumbles* Otherwise, I am patient toward people, situations, driving (I’m not a fan of impatient drivers). I am also calm in the face of negative circumstances, no matter how small. I was the calm one when my sister got lost driving.
So that covers it! That took a lot of thinking… But I take some pride in these things, to which everyone is entitled!
And since I’m still new and haven’t discovered many blogs yet, I don’t think I can make it to 10 nominations… I am also still working on commenting on others’ blogs more, but I feel nervous doing that, usually, so I end up backing out. OR the dang interwebs decide to glitch and my long, nicely written comment disappears and my fingers are too tired to type again…*sighs* I’m nervous about just linking to and nominating pages because I don’t want to bother people! Ugh. But here goes!:
Gretchen @ chicnerdreads
Jenna @ Fictional Neverland
Charnell @ Reviews from a Bookworm
Anissa @ She Reads Too Much
Cait @ Paper Fury
A couple others I wanted to add were already nominated, so I left them out.
Welp, that’s it for now! Thanks for reading!